JobID 2358 : Custodian Trainee 2020 (#1955266)
Job | Posted 4 months ago
|Hours per Day:||Varies per assignment||FTE:||To be determined|
|Days per Year:||Varies per assignment||Reports to:||Head Custodian|
|Pay Level:||AUX/TECH 01||Pay Rate:||$17.18 per hour|
|How to Apply:||External and internal candidates can apply online at www.westminsterpublicschools.org by 4pm of the closing date. For all current District employees, please submit an online Internal Application along with an updated resume by 4pm of the closing date. Incomplete applications or resumes received in lieu of applications will not be considered.
This position is required in order to apply for a Custodian position. This position is temporary and does not have benefits.
|Selection Process:||Applications will be reviewed and selected candidates will be interviewed. Due to a high volume of applications received, candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview. Additional testing may be conducted. Post-offer background screenings are required.|
|Ensure every child reaches their full potential
Providing a clean, safe, sanitary and comfortable learning environment for the students, staff and community while sustaining a high level of customer service.
|Education & Experience:||
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:|
- English language skills, bilingual desired.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Personal computer and keyboarding skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of personnel in a positive and cooperative manner.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret policies and procedures, laws, rules and instructions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to pass various pre-employment background screenings.
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, building and department procedures.
- Must complete the Westminster Public Schools Custodial Academy within 60 days of hire.
- BOCES Safety Training Certificate required within 60 days of hire.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain communications by:
- Meeting with supervisor and/or custodial staff, e.g., daily activity, District or facility needs, schedule.
- Being accessible via District communication devices.
- Updating Daily Custodial Communication Log.
- Completing Daily Site Inspection and boiler report upon opening the facility.
- Maintain building safety by:
- Adhering to district safety guidelines and procedures.
- Opening and/or closing the facility, e.g., disarming/arming security system, turning lights on/off.
- Checking boilers for proper temperature and pressure.
- Participating in required professional development.
- Checking emergency lights, exit lights and elevator work properly.
- Removing snow and applying ice melt as needed.
- Assessing proper operation of custodial equipment.
- Maintain clean and safe classrooms, gym, weight room, auditorium, computer lab, library, cafeteria, public areas, etc. by:
- Following the guidelines set forth in the Custodial Academy Procedure Book.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping/spot mopping floors and stairs.
- Removing scuffs, carpet stains and gum.
- Buffing floors.
- Wiping, dusting and/or disinfecting table tops, desks, chairs, counter tops, doors, windows/glass, door knobs, mirrors, white/chalkboards, sinks, water fountains, railings and weight room equipment.
- Emptying trash/recycling containers and changing liners as needed.
- Emptying pencil sharpeners.
- Stocking dispensers.
- Maintain clean outside areas by:
- Checking, reporting and taking the necessary actions to correct vandalism.
- Cleaning and securing broken windows.
- Removing debris from school grounds.
- Emptying trash containers.
- Removing snow.
- Maintain clean and safe restroom/locker room facilities by:
- Checking and cleaning periodically throughout the day.
- Unlocking restrooms as needed.
- Sweeping and mopping floor.
- Cleaning and disinfecting sinks, counter tops, stalls, toilets, urinals, sanitary napkin holders, walls, mirrors, trash cans, all hard surfaces and benches.
- Stocking toilet paper, paper towels and soap.
- Unclogging toilet/sink as needed.
- Emptying trash containers.
- Perform detailed intermission cleaning according to the Custodial Academy Procedure Book by:
- Removing and returning furniture to and from rooms.
- Thoroughly wiping, dusting and disinfecting the facility.
- Sweeping, mopping, stripping, waxing and buffing tile floors
- Refinishing wood floors.
- Vacuuming and shampooing carpet.
- Power washing restroom and/or locker room walls.
- Changing HVAC filters.
- Provide services to the District by:
- Completing in building work orders as trained.
- Removing and returning furniture as needed.
- Raising and lowering flags.
- Changing interior light bulbs.
- Replacing ceiling tiles when necessary.
- Providing access into buildings, e.g., substitute custodians, contractors.
- Painting minor touch-ups on door frames, walls, etc.
- Using approved methods to exterminate insects and vermin.
- Adjusting functionality of tables and desks in classrooms.
- Setting up and breaking down tables, chairs/risers for breakfast, lunch and scheduled events.
- Performing other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality of any information regarding students, personnel and all job-related matters.
The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Activities (amount of time): Stand Over 2/3 Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl Over 2/3 Walk Over 2/3 Talk 1/3 to 2/3 Sit Under 1/3 Hear Over 2/3 Use hands to finger, handle or feed Over 2/3 Taste None Reach with hands and arms Over 2/3 Smell 1/3 to 2/3 Climb or balance 1/3 to 2/3 Weight & Force Demands (amount of time): Up to 10 pounds Over 2/3 Up to 100 pounds None Up to 25 pounds Over 2/3 More than 100 pounds None Up to 50 pounds Over 2/3 Mental Functions (amount of time): Compare Over 2/3 Compute Under 1/3 Analyze Over 2/3 Synthesize Under 1/3 Communicate Over 2/3 Evaluate 1/3 to 2/3 Copy Under 1/3 Interpersonal Skills 1/3 to 2/3 Coordinate Under 1/3 Compile 1/3 to 2/3 Instruct Under 1/3 Negotiate 1/3 to 2/3 Work Environment (amount of time): Wet or humid conditions (non-weather) 1/3 to 2/3 Extreme cold (non-weather) None Work near moving mechanical parts 1/3 to 2/3 Extreme heat (non-weather) None Work in high, precarious places Under 1/3 Risk of electrical shock Under 1/3 Fumes or airborne particles 1/3 to 2/3 Work with explosives None Toxic or caustic chemicals Over 2/3 Risk of radiation None Outdoor weather conditions 1/3 to 2/3 Vibration 1/3 to 2/3 Vision Demands (items listed below are required): Close vision (clear vision at 20” or less) Distance vision (clear vision at 20’ or more) Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors) Peripheral vision Depth perception Ability to adjust focus Noise Level (exposure level): Loud Westminster Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. District policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status or disability. Complaints in these matters should be addressed to the Chief of Staff, 6933 Raleigh St., Westminster, CO 80030 or by phone, (303) 428-3511. Although the position is based at a school or department, the employer is Westminster Public Schools.
Westminster Public Schools
6933 RALEIGH STREET, WESTMINSTER, CO 80030
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415