JobID 200 : Special Education Teacher EBD (#1954482)
Special Education Teacher - EBD
Cologne Academy (Kindergarten-8th Grade Public School) - Cologne, MN is located in Carver County and currently enrolls approximately 625 students.
Cologne Academy offers its students an enriched learning experience through the Core Knowledge curriculum and an individualized approach to learning.
Cologne Academy seeks professional educators who are passionate about contributing to its mission and vision that focuses on academics and character
Employment with Cologne Academy offers teamwork, challenges and room to grow. We believe that excellent teachers are critical to the success of all
students. We are committed to creating a high performance work environment with continuous professional growth in support of growth in all domains for
The ideal candidate will be joining aa large special eucation team with an on-site coordinator, school psychologist, and school scoial worker. behaviors
analyst, due process secretary, paraprofessionals, and all related service providers.
The Special Education teacher needed for this position will case manage and teach students with federal setting 2 and 3 designation. The teacher will
collaborate with support staff in serving students who have behavioral challenges as well as students with unique learning needs. Assist with student
behavior and sensory support classroom setup, coordination of staff training, intervention ideas and data collection systems. Other duties may be
The applicant should have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge of behavior concerns and how they impact learning.
- Skills at determining the function of behavior and behavior management.
- Training provided in Crisis Prevention Intervention.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks to addrewss the most critical issues first.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communicationskills.
- Utilize alternative curriculum and assistive technology for students that could benefit.
- IEP writing and conducting evaluations.
- Creating schedules and managing paraprofessionals.