JobID 3148 : P/T FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT (COOK) 5 1/2 Hours (#1954195)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
POSITION: FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT (Cook) 5 1/2 Hours
Position Guide: Non – Certified Personnel
Part - Time $12.81 hour
Bargaining Unit Position
Non – Exempt 9 Months
Function: Under the supervision of the Unit Supervisor and /or Assistant Unit Supervisor, the Food Service Assistant must be efficient in preparation of high quality meals for District #86 students and staff and affiliated organizations. This will include preparation and cooking of meals, packing meals for transport, serving meals to junior high school students and staff, cashier duty, dishwashing, sweeping, mopping and catering as required.
The information contained in this job description is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties performed by the individual holding this position may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED program.
- Must have a minimum of one year production experience in a high volume institutional or commercial food service operation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of high volume Institutional food service recipes and production methods.
- Understanding of and ability to properly operate all appropriate kitchen equipment.
- Must either hold a current Will County sanitation certificate or be able to obtain such, within one year of employment.
- Must be able to physically perform all duties associated with position.
- Must be able to work efficiently and cooperatively with a wide variety of people.
- Performs duties involved in the safe preparation and handling of food, cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facilities.
- Practices safety precaution measures in all phases of food service operation.
- Exhibits knowledge of operating all equipment, work techniques and methods of performing duties.
- Exhibits willingness to work in any situation.
- Preparation and cooking of all pertinent food products required for:
- Junior High Students
- Elementary Students
- District Faculty
- Contract Accounts
- Prepare meals for individual service and pack in insulated food transporters for delivery to elementary schools.
- Preparation and service of catered events within district.
- Follow all recipe and production procedures as instructed to insure the highest quality product.
- Follow all mandated procedures to insure safe handling of food products.
- Serve meals to junior high students, faculty and staff in school cafeteria.
- Assume cashier duties as assigned, following procedures for proper distribution of Type A meals, insuring proper accounting of various meal categories.
- Maintain proper sanitary conditions in production and serving areas as instructed.
- Any cleaning as directed to include, dishwashing, equipment cleaning, sweeping and wet mopping as necessary, Heavy lifting, bending and prolonged periods of standing are required.
- Must be able to work in extreme conditions and able to withstand temperature fluctuations.
- Must be able to work cohesively and communicate effectively under stressful conditions.
- Maintain positive customer relations with students, faculty and staff.
- All other duties as assigned by the Unit Supervisor / Assistant Unit Supervisor, Director and / or Food Service Coordinator.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee will have frequent interruptions; required to meet inflexible deadlines; requires concentration and attention to detail.
Joliet Public School District 86
420 N Raynor Ave, Joliet, IL 60435-6065
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246