JobID 3385 : Registered Nurse, -- Districtwide (#1954063)
Summary: School nurses strengthen and facilitate the educational process by modifying, managing or removing health-related barriers to learning by promoting an optimal level of wellness for students and staff.
(To be successful at SSD all positions must embrace the principles of – One Child-One Team, service oriented leadership, accountable management, and effective collaboration.) Instruction and Learning – Student achievement/performance and staff growth
- Assists with the development and implementation of the comprehensive health education curriculum.
- Provides technical assistance to administrators and participates on committees to ensure best practice in development of health care policies and procedures.
- Assists with the development and implementation of infection control programs for students and staff.
- Participates in professional development activities (internal and external).
- Annually supervises health services assistants and certified nurse assistants in responsibilities of those positions with regard to accepted delegation practices according to NASN, NCABN, ANA and district policy and procedures.
- Provides instruction, education and support for students to help them take responsibility for health-related conditions enabling them to provide as much self-care as feasible and age-appropriate.
- Informs teachers of physical or health conditions which should impair the learning process according to FERPA (Family Education Rights & Privacy Act). ANA (American Nursing Association) and NASN (National Association of School Nurses) of nursing standards.
- Acts as liaison between education and medical personnel, especially in regard to special education placement.
- Provides health component of IEP for medically involved students.
- Visits homes to monitor children with chronic illness/disease when necessary and if possible.
- Participates in the multidisciplinary reevaluation of students with medical concerns.
- Attends nurse staff meetings.
- Acts as a resource to student/family regarding health matters.
- Participates in development and implementation of Coordinated School Health Program.
- Attends faculty meetings as needed.
- Serves in buildings other than the one assigned, if necessary.
- Assists in identification of safety and health hazards at school site and makes recommendations to appropriate administrators.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in health services preferred. Two years experience in public health, emergency room, pediatrics, pediatric psychiatry or experience with individuals with disabilities preferred. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Current Missouri License as Registered Nurse or will obtain license prior to start date.
Salary Range: 2019-2020
RN - Hourly Rate $27.08 - $32.34 per hour
BSN - Hourly Rate $30.08 - $35.94 per hour
(Please see attached job description for additional information)
Interested applicants should apply online: www.ssdmo.org/careers.html
The District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religious preference, marital status, disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law. Employees of the District are required to comply with the provisions of the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments.