JobID 11877 : Concession Stand Worker (#1949806)
Position: Concession Stand Worker
Reports To: Concession Manager
Salary Schedule / Grade: $10.00
F.L.S.A Status: Temporary, Non-Exempt
Dayton Public Schools is looking for Concession Stand Workers. These are temporary seasonal positions. The main function of this role is to accurately complete orders and payment transactions. The concession stand worker will provide support in various areas including; setup, maintaining supplies and products, and assisting in cleanup and closedown. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Dayton Public Schools may identify other responsibilities of the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Incumbent performs a majority of the following duties)
The Dayton Way
- Support and maintain the District’s core principles in the areas of professionalism, culture, and customer service. Demonstrate courage, compassion, patience, and a passion for exceptional customer service in daily activities.
- Meet the challenges of accurate cash handling during busy times.
- Keep accurate records of payment transactions, product inventory and expiration dates as well as supply usage and needs.
- Collaborate and engage effectively with colleagues and supervisor to ensure concession areas are effectively being maintained to District’s standards.
- Operates all functions of a cash register (or equivalent) to complete payments for goods from customers or employees including; receiving cash payments, returning accurate change, and issuing receipts or tickets to customers.
- Responsible for accurate ring of sale items and/or accurate barcode scan.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
- Understands and follows Dayton Public Schools cash-handling policies and procedures.
- Prepare setup and clean up for events (wiping tables, vacuuming floors, cleaning chairs, ensuring the appearance of the dining area meets District’s standards)
- Setup and stock beverage areas, grab and go items, cutlery and condiments areas or other areas as assigned.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Dayton Public Schools policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries according to district’s policy.
- Participates in safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments when requested.
- Attends training programs as designated.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
CORE BEHAVIORS & COMPETENCIES
- D – Dependability = attendance, response time, completion
- I – Integrity = honesty, being loyal to the absent, ethical decision-making
- C – Collaboration = seeking out teamwork, building bridges
- C – Compassion = showing concern, seeking to understand, being kind
- E – Excellence = being professional, achieving goals, stretching ourselves
- Coping with Stress = think critically and solve problems in difficult situations; capable of handling interruptions effectively
- Interpersonal Skills = successfully interact and engage with students, families, colleagues, administrators, and others; enjoy working with children
- Adaptability and Flexibility = willingness to change methods and approaches as appropriate
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S
- Valid State Identification.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
Knowledge & Experience
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to perform arithmetic operation involving all United States monetary units (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Basic math skills including the ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, count, and reconcile cash drawers/banks, and post to records.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Must have sufficient mobility to perform assigned production tasks including: constant reaching, bending, stooping, wiping, pushing, and pulling for extended periods of time.
- Must meet state and local health requirements for food handlers and alcoholic beverage services.
- Ability to work in an open aired environment during all climate conditions.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as the event schedule dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Mission Statement: To equip our students to achieve success in a global society by implementing an effective and rigorous curriculum with fidelity.
The Dayton Public School District provides equal educational and employment opportunities for all people without regard to race,
gender, ethnicity, color, age, disability, religion, national origin, creed, sexual orientation, or affiliation with a union or professional organization.