JobID 5961 : Math Coach (#1947610)
Job | Posted 4 months ago
JOB TITLE: Math Coach
REPORTS TO: Dual Reporting: District Mathematics Curriculum Director and
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Exempt
PAY GRADE: Teacher Salary Scale
The primary responsibility of the Mathematics Coach (MC) is improved outcomes in mathematics for Spring ISD students. Recognizing the impact of effective teachers, the goal of the MC is to enhance educators’ knowledge of evidence-based best practices. The MC will provide campus and district-based professional development, job-embedded coaching, link student data to instructional strategies, ensure acceleration of instruction, gather observational data, and facilitate on-going learning.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and university
- Three years of proven successful mathematics teaching experience or job related experience
- Leadership experience (team leader, participation in a school or district level team leadership team, instructional specialist)
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college and university
- ESL Certification
- Bilingual Education Certification (preferred for campuses with large LEP student populations)
- Five years of proven successful mathematics teaching experience
- Successfully demonstrated track record of success with at-risk and/or diverse learners as well as adult learners
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with the required endorsements for subject and level assigned
- Maintain a positive student-centered focus
- Embody Spring ISD’s educational mission and vision through professional and community relationships
- Ability to build collaborative relationships within school and district
- Establish and maintain integrated data systems (student assessment, coaching log, teacher observation, parent involvement, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of best practices for math curriculum and instruction
- Ability to facilitate of workshops
- Highly analytical, able to interpret data and weigh multiple options
- A problem solver, able to prioritize multiple scenarios
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Support administrative team, teachers, students, and families through the implementation of scientifically-based mathematics programs, instructional strategies, and mathematics assessments.
- Monitor implementation of evidence-based instructional strategies.
- Ensure that all mathematics assessments are given within the district testing window for screening and progress monitoring and that data is shared with appropriate personnel in a timely manner (within one week of assessment).
- Provide monthly summaries of student achievement, intervention and extension efforts, to building principal and district mathematics curriculum director.
- Provide professional development to Spring ISD certified and classified staff
- Implement coaching cycle with educators (pre-conference, observation, modeling, side-by-side coaching, and reflection).
- Monitor teachers’ efficacy in applying new skills and impact on student learning, adjusts approach as necessary to achieve goals for teacher improvement and student achievement.
- Participate as needed in various committees related to improvement in mathematics instruction (curriculum writing, instructional materials review, family and community involvement, etc).
- At least 75% of the Mathematics Coach’s time will be spent actively coaching teachers through team planning sessions, in-class coaching, observation, and modeling.
- The remaining 25% of the Mathematics Coach’s time will be spent collecting and analyzing data, creating an action plan in response to the data, district curriculum writing, and planning campus and district mathematics professional development sessions (including family mathematics literacy programs).
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: physical mobility, standing, prolonged sitting, some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling. This position will require traveling within the district.
Mental demands: Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations; ability to interpret a variety of data; ability to interpret TEC and policy; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory, ability to be effective in both oral and written communication; ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
Spring Independent School District
16717 ELLA BLVD, HOUSTON, TX 77090-4299
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558