JobID 1121 : Special Education Intensive Instructional Aide (#1947231)
Full-time special education teacher associate position working with students with moderate to severe impairments.
Duties to Include:
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of the educational program for students with moderate to severe disabilities under the direct supervision of the special education teacher, general education teacher and related service personnel.
- Support students within the special education setting and the general education setting.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding work with students.
- Demonstrate an ability to lift and position students (30-90 pounds).
- Ability to make minor decisions in accordance with established procedures of the classroom.
- Assist in the implementation of behavior management and sensory systems as established by the program and teacher.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with students, and serve as a role model for all students in the building.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with staff in the building.
- Provide ongoing care for classroom equipment and materials.
- Demonstrate cooperation to a team approach in working with a variety of staff members including other associates, related service staff and teachers.
- Collect data and facilitate accommodations and modifications as directed by the teacher.
- Provide personal care to students including - but not limited to: toileting assistance, changing of student's clothes, and lunch preparation/ feeding administration as directed by the teacher or nursing personnel.
Illinois Professional Educator License with a Paraprofessional Endorsement required. OR
Illinois Substitute Teaching License required
Professional Educator License preferred.
Work Schedule (on student attendance days):
- Daniel Wright (Grades 6-8): Monday - Friday 8:10 AM - 3:40 PM*
*Tentative work schedule
Administrators will review submitted applications on a regular basis and contact potential candidates for interviews.