JobID 207 : CHS Principal (#1947015)
Job Title: CHS Principal Reports to: Exec. Dir of Secondary Ed.
Dept./School: Castleberry High School Pay Grade: Professional PG 7
Deadline: Until filled Days: 226 days
Primary Purpose:Direct and manage instructional program and supervise operations and personnel at campus level. Provide leadership to ensure high standards of instructional service. Oversee compliance with district policies, success of instructional programs, and operation of all campus activities.
Master’s degree in educational administration
Texas principal or other appropriate Texas certificate
Certified T-TESS appraiser
Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness
Ability to manage budget and personnel
Ability to coordinate campus functions
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Ability to problem solve, think critically, and manage conflicts
Ability to interpret data
Strong organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Five years experience as a classroom teacher
Three years Experience in instructional leadership (non-classroom) roles
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor instructional and managerial processes to ensure that program activities are related to program outcomes and use findings to take corrective actions.
- Regularly consult the campus-level committee about planning, operation, supervision, and evaluation of campus education program. Include students and community representatives when appropriate.
- Work with district and campus staff to review planning, operation, supervision, and evaluation of curriculum and instruction.
School or Organization Morale
- Provide instructional resources and materials to support teaching staff in accomplishing instructional goals.
- Foster collegiality and team building among staff members. Encourage their active involvement in decision-making process.
- Provide for two-way communication with superintendent, staff, students, parents, and community.
- Communicate and promote expectations for high-level performance to staff and students. Recognize excellence and achievement.
- Ensure the effective and timely resolution of conflicts.
School or Organization Improvement
- Build common vision for school improvement with staff. Direct planning activities and put programs in place with staff to ensure attainment of school’s mission.
- Identify, analyze, and apply research findings (e.g., effective school correlates) to promote school improvement.
- Develop and set annual campus performance objectives for each of the Texas Education Agency’s A-F Accountability domains using the campus planning process and site-based decision-making committee.
- Develop, maintain, and use information systems and records necessary to show campus progress on performance objectives addressing each of the A-F Accountability domains, campus improvement plans, and district long-range plans.
- Interview, select, and orient new staff. Approve all personnel assigned to campus.
- Define expectations for staff performance with regard to instructional strategies, classroom management, and communication with the public.
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences with staff.
- Make recommendations to superintendent on termination, suspension, or nonrenewal of employees assigned to campus.
- Work with district campus-level planning and decision-making committees to plan professional development activities.
- Confer with staff regarding their professional growth. Work with them to develop and accomplish improvement goals.
Management of Fiscal, Administrative, and Facilities Functions
- Comply with district policies, state, and federal laws and regulations impacting the schools.
- Develop campus budgets based on documented program needs, estimated enrollment, personnel, and other fiscal needs. Keep programs within budget limits. Maintain fiscal control. Accurately report fiscal information.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required including accurate and timely reports of maximum attendance to requisition textbooks.
- Manage use of school facilities. Supervise maintenance of facilities to ensure a clean, orderly, and safe campus.
- Work with faculty and students to develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior and enhances the school climate.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable in accordance with District’s Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Conduct conferences about student and school issues with parents, students, and teachers.
Professional Growth and Development
- Develop professional skills appropriate to job assignment.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical, and responsible behavior. Serve as a role model for all campus staff.
- Participate in district and campus staff development programs that improve job related skills and professional growth.
School or Community Relations
- Articulate the school’s mission to the community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
- Demonstrate awareness of school and community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of staff assigned to campus including, but not limited to, assistant principal(s), teacher(s), counselor(s), librarian(s), instructional aides, clerical support staff, and custodians.
Working Conditions:Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Occasional districtwide and statewide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours.
A complete application should be sent to:
David Rodriguez, M.Ed., Executive Director of Human Resources & Operations
5228 Ohio Garden
Fort Worth, Texas 76114
You may submit an On-line Application at www.castleberryisd.net
All personnel of the Castleberry Independent School District shall be employed without regard to national origin, race, religion, sex, creed, age or handicapping condition.