JobID 3380 : Meal Aide (#1947002)
Summary: Assists students with meals and implements/supports individualized meal programs in collaboration with other members of the educational team.
Instruction and Learning – Student achievement/performance and staff growth
- Follows a meal plan utilizing recommended techniques.
- Assists students to eat and feed themselves as independently as possible, within safety limits.
- Consistently implements the sensory and/or behavioral aspects of a meal plan.
- Communicates regularly with team regarding student meal/eating performance, including data gathering and documentation as appropriate.
- Assists the teacher/team in devising new and/or modified meal assistance strategies.
- Assists teacher in maintaining meal areas, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Recognizes non-verbal antecedents to problem behaviors and implements strategies to limit/avoid unwanted behaviors during student meal time.
- Alerts the teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Provides escort and assistance to children as necessary throughout a variety of school and community settings.
- Assists with clerical responsibilities of the teacher (as pertaining to meal program and supporting procedures/systems).
- Participates in preschool workshops, in-service training, staff meetings and parent conferences when appropriate.
- Assists with lunch, snack, clean-up, wash-up, and toilet routines.
- Maintains ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Terms of Employment:
Hours per day and days per SSD schools as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma required. Experience working with children preferred.
(Please see attached job description for additional information)
Interested applicants must apply online: www.ssdmo.org/careers.html
The District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religious preference, marital status, disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law. Employees of the District are required to comply with the provisions of the Title VII of The Civil Rights Act and Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments.