JobID 3377 : Substitute Teacher (#1945970)
Summary: Provides all learners an educational program that allows them to reach their fullest potential.
(To be successful at SSD all positions must embrace the principles of – One Child-One Team, service oriented leadership, accountable management, and effective collaboration.)
Examples of work performed
1. Reports to the building principal or school secretary upon arrival at the school building,
2. Reviews with the principal or other designated personnel all plans and schedules to be followed during each teaching day.
3. Assumes all the duties and responsibilities of the regular teacher in a given day. Long term substitutes my also be required to participate in staff meetings, teacher committees, and parent conferences.
4. Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
5. Teaches the lesson outlined and described by the absent teacher.
6. Consults as appropropriate with the building principal before initiating any teaching or other procedures not specified in the lesson plan.
7. Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and during lunch and recess periods.
8. Follows all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
9. Papers and homework collected should be organized, labeled, and placed with the lesson plans.
10. Prepares a written summary of the work covered at the conclusion of each teaching day for the regular teacher.
11. Returns keys and any other materials to the principal or the school secretary along with a written time report.
12. Maintains the confidentiality of the position.
Take reasonable and necessary precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of 60 college credits.
(Please see attached job description for additional information)
Interested applicants must apply online: www.ssdmo.org/careers.html
The District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religious preference, marital status, disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law. Employees of the District are required to comply with the provisions of the Title VII of The Civil Rights Act and Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments.