$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!! - EC Teacher - Cardinal Charter Academy (#1945853)
10 Month Position
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES?
* Prepares for and conducts Parent and student conferencing according to school policy. * Delivers student instruction in modalities instituted by school and assigned program (may include but are not limited to: Individual or Group Direct Synchronous Instruction, Learning Support, Life Skills Support, Itinerant Support, Resource Room Support, co-teaching, writing lesson plans, telephone conferencing and instruction, Parent Learning Opportunities). * Collects data and appropriate work samples. * Plans and conducts appointments with parents as needed. * Assists regular education teachers with specially designed instruction when necessary. * Participates at monthly outings encouraged. * Provides support for ESE student achievement in the general class through training teachers and assisting with implementation of school inclusion plans. * Arranges for and assists with training for inclusionary practices. * Acts as informational liaison for inclusion as appropriate. * Assists with planning for classroom and testing accommodations for students with disabilities. * Models strategies for inclusionary practices as appropriate. * Provides assistance with developing and adapting curriculum materials and educational practices to meet the needs of students and teachers.
Monitoring and Compliance
* Collaborates with regular education teachers to monitor student progress and compliance (including student compliancy issues, withdrawals, etc.). * Proctors standardized tests. * Completes student progress reports four times a year (quarterly).
Special Education Responsibilities
* Maintains IEPs, Quarterly Reports, Progress Monitoring for caseload. * Develops and Implements IEPs with measurable goals using Progress Monitoring. * Collects and Reports Progress Monitoring Data for all student goals. * Conduct IEP meetings within timelines. * Makes data-driven instructional decisions to improve student outcomes. * Completes Quarterly Progress Reports. * Maintains accurate and compliant special education data (class lists with contact info, related services info, IEP due dates, etc.). * Completes reevaluations in accordance with Regulations and best practice. * Completes all special education paperwork accurately, according to regulations, and on time. * Develops and monitors appropriate transition plans for students of transition age. * Maintains communication with Related Service Providers and Case Managers to ensure compliance with provision of services, evaluations, and quarterly progress reports. * Administers diagnostic assessments as needed. * Obtains and maintains compliant special education student files. * Participates in State specific training. * Attends Professional Development as designated on school calendar (travel may be required).
* Communicates with Regular Education Teachers and Administrators when necessary. * Participates in weekly team meetings. * Acknowledge e-mails and voice mails within 24 hours (excluding weekends, holidays, etc.).
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
1. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of the company; support the company’s values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in the Employee Handbook. 2. Possesses strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively. 3. Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and administrative staff. Is sensitive to sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image, as unique situations present themselves. 4. Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays such between all stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and helpful. 5. Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing. 6. Has the ability to be at work consistently, to be on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and to solicit feedback to improve performance. 7. Demonstrates proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS) and email communications. 8. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. 9. Strives to implement best practices and positive character education consistently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* No physical exertion required. * Somewhat stressful due to frequent student activity. * Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
* Usual school working conditions. * May be noisy during high student traffic.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT * Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA. * This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
EVALUATION Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA Policy.
DECLARATION The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this position description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by the Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.