JobID 3371 : 2020-2021 Special Education Teacher (#1944525)
Summary: Provides all learners an educational program that allows them to reach their fullest potential.
(To be successful at SSD all positions must embrace the principles of – One Child-One Team, service oriented leadership, accountable management, and effective collaboration.)
Instruction and Learning – Student achievement/performance and staff growth
- Meets and instructs assigned learners (caseload, class, peers, in-service, children, pupils, students) in the locations and at the times designated.
- Creates an environment that is appropriate to the maturity of the student and conducive to learning.
- Establishes and communicates to the student clear objectives for lessons, units, and projects.
- Clarify lesson planning and other written evidence of program preparation.
- Encourages students to set and maintain appropriate standards of behavior.
- Administers, interprets, and records standardized tests.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques which are compatible with the physical space and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Implements SSD and Partner District’s education philosophy by selection of instructional goals standards and objectives.
- Strives to improve and maintain professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees if required.
- Schedules classes to meet students’ specific instructional needs.
- Evaluates and orders materials necessary for instruction, and trains assistants and aides in their use.
- Evaluates the progress of each child enrolled in special and/or general ed by conducting observations, data analysis and/or review written reports from the educational team.
- May assist assigned students in such physical tasks as putting on and taking off outerwear, moving from room to room, using the lavatory, etc.
- May assist with lunch, snack, clean up, wash up, and toilet routines.
- Utilizes learning aids, including multi-media and technology resources.
- Participates on the diagnostic team and attends eligibility conferences.
- Implements research based intervention programs.
- Lead and attend IEP plan.
- Bench marking partner district assessments
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with specialization in special education. Classroom experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Missouri Special Education Certification in appropriate area (Mild/Moderate Cross-Categorical BD, LD, MR, SH, VI, HI, PI, Deaf/Blind, ECSE) required.
Internal applications will only be accepted for employees seeking a promotion. Current teachers are not eligible to apply outside of the transfer fair events.
(Please see attached job description for additional information)
Interested applicants must apply online: http://www.ssdmo.org/careers.html
The District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religious preference, marital status, disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law. Employees of the District are required to comply with the provisions of the Title VII of he Civil Rights Act and Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments.