JobID 307 : Chemistry Teacher (#1944038)
Chemistry Teacher -- Public Charter High School (State of Illinois "Exemplary" Designated)
Be a part of an exemplary team of teachers!
Southland College Prep Charter High School is seeking an outstanding, dynamic, innovative, experienced high school Chemistry teacher who wants to create an educational environment where all students can achieve at high levels of academic performance. The position will begin as soon as possible.
Southland Prep is dedicated to educating and inspiring students to reach their highest potential and to prepare them to be successful in their future schooling as they prepare for careers in the 21st century global economy.
The candidates for this positions must be articulate, well-organized and very knowledgeable about school curriculum, instruction, staff development and staff evaluation. Experience with AP courses is a plus. They must also have high expectations for themselves and their students and be energetic and enthusiastic in their attitude and approach. Teachers must also be qualified as determined by the Illinois State Board of Education and possess a current Illinois Teaching License with the proper endorsement.
Candidates for this position must have:
- A highly successful track record as a high school Science teacher
- Excellent organizational, communication, public relations and interpersonal skills
- A high level of understanding and experience with data-driven and standards-based instruction
- Experience in designing instructional lessons tailored to the individual academic needs of students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A collegial/collaborative approach with all members of the staff
- A proven track record of high student achievement
- A proven track record of maintaining high student attendance and discipline
- Expertise in assessing and evaluating student achievement
- Be knowledgeable of special education rules and regulations for compliance
- Excellent technological skills. Familiarity with the Mac platform a must.
- Proven experience in building parent and partnerships
- Ability to interact successfully with staff, parents, board members and community
- High moral and ethical standards
- High energy, enthusiastic, and a positive attitude.
- A commitment to ensuring academic success for all students
A copy of resume, cover letter, Illinois Teaching License, letter of application and at least three references should be submitted.
Southland College Prep Charter High School is an equal opportunity employer.