JobID 581 : On-Call Substitute Teacher (#1943183)
Posted 4 months ago
ON-CALL SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
- Valid New Jersey Substitute Teacher Instructional Certificate-iLearn Schools, Inc. Human Resources will assist in the certification application.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to follow lesson plans, left by the permanent teacher.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
REPORTS TO: School Director
SUPERVISES: Pupils, and when assigned, a classroom aide
- To manage a classroom in the absence of the regular teacher.
- To deliver lesson presentations in a way that is age-appropriate for the class.
Duties Upon Arrival
- Reports to office upon arrival at school.
- Checks for messages or materials requiring immediate attention.
- Requests clarification of school rules and procedures, if necessary.
- Arrives in the classroom on schedule to greet students and remains in the assigned classroom so that students are effectively supervised.
- Maintains discipline and classroom control in order to promote active learning in the classroom while teaching the outlined lesson and implementing the lesson plan(s).
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which he/she is assigned.
- Delivers lesson presentations in a way that is age-appropriate for the class and meets the individual needs, interests and ability levels of all pupils.
- Budgets class time effectively.
- Ensures the adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as reasonably possible.
- Follows the schedule during the school day and remains in the assigned classroom until all students have been dismissed for the day.
- Follows all policies, rules and procedures established for regular teachers and which good teaching practice dictates.
- Completes evaluation report form at the end of the day and checks out with authorized personnel prior to leaving at the end of the day.
- Determines if his/her services will be required for the next school day, following the charter school protocol for making substitute teacher assignments.
- Maintains and respects the confidentiality of student and school personnel information.
- Cooperates with other professional staff members.
- Maintains records of pupil's educational progress in class record books and/or board approved forms and summarizes these marks for reporting purposes.
- Collects and places students’ papers in an appropriate location.
- Returns instructional materials, equipment and keys to proper place.
- Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and board policy.
- Models non-discriminatory practices in all areas.
- Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may be assigned.