JobID 7051 : Bearcat Coach - EduStaff - Anticipated Vacancy (#1941726)
JOB TITLE: Bearcat Coach (EduStaff position)
LOCATION: Battle Creek Public Schools
SUPERVISOR: Building Principal
COMPENSATION: $15.00 per hour
Work Week: 35 Hours Per Week
The Bearcat Coach Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Ensuring students develop and maintain good attendance practices aligned with the attendance requirements of the school district and the state. The Bearcat Coach shall assist in creating a safe and orderly environment on the campus; work as a team member to develop prevention/intervention strategies; collaborate with other staff utilizing the case management process; monitor student progress; and document truancy referrals; serving as an student advocate of Battle Creek Public Schools to which he/she is assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of 2-3 years of highly successful related experience
- Demonstrate ability to work well with the community at large, including parents and students.
- Demonstrated acceptable behavior and performance evaluations.
- Ability to communicate effectively through above average speaking, spelling, and writing skills.
- Knowledgeable of procedures and protocol for local and state law enforcement.
- Ability to conduct or assist in investigations and risk assessments.
- Pleasing personality, good character, and neat appearance.
- Positive skills in human, public, and employee relations.
- Proven ability to meet the challenges of an urban-rural, multi-racial, and multiethnic school district.
- Other qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Identify students who are excessively truant eliminating campus loitering
- Collaborate with school staff to develop intervention for students who are truant and develops individualized service plans to improve attendance.
- Initiate and maintain a helping relationship by identifying students to improve graduation rates, attendance and achievement.
- Assess students with attendance problems and assist in the identification and facilitation of positive family attitudes towards academic success, attendance at school and student growth and development.
- Provide families with information related to the needs of their child and acts as a resource to parents/guardians by communicating the importance of school attendance.
- Assists with implementing truancy prevention programs for assigned schools and recommends strategies to support and improve regular school attendance ( i.e. incentives, peer groups, recognitions).
- Act as a resource to administrators, guidance counselors, teachers
- Take action to maintain safe and orderly conduct in hallways with a high profile lunchroom presence
- Conduct safety and security assessments of the BCPS campus and surrounding area
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Superintendent or designee.
SCHOOL SAFETY CLEARANCE: The successful candidate will be subject to a fingerprint and background check as a condition of employment. All fees required for this check (estimated $73.00) will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
The Battle Creek Public School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.