JobID 15982 : Senior Accountant- CPA (#1941584)
American Institutional Management Services, Inc., located at 5728 Schaefer Rd. Dearborn, MI 48126, educational service provider specialized in school management is seeking an experienced accountant. Accountant will manage day to day related accounting services for schools and management system. Accountant will assist in budgeting, payroll, accounting processes, grant analysis and financial services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Accounting/Finance. Master’s degree and Public School Accounting preferred.
- Two years’ experience in Governmental Accounting, ability to lead and monitor others.
- Experience in QuickBooks and Black baud accounting software.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and responsibility for workload.
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting, and in analyzing P&L variances.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of school laws, regulations, and School Board policies and procedures as they apply to finance and payroll services.
- Ability to direct work of subordinates in a manner conducive to efficiency and high ethics and morals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, associates and subordinates contacted within the course of work.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and multi-tasking skills
- Able to manage multiple deadlines and changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Processes month-end financial closings, which include verifying Cash Receipts Journal, Cash Disbursements Journal and General Journal totals with the Cash Balance Report.
- Prepares Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Statement of Retained Earnings, and other financial reports.
- Reviews and enters approved budget increases, decreases, and transfers through accounting software.
- Monitors and audits the school based pupil activity funds for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Provides external auditors with requested information and data.
- Prepares and maintains a “Financial Accounting Handbook”: for the school system.
- Trains school’s bookkeepers to use financial accounting software.
- Establishes and maintains files of fiscal year budget changes and transfers.
- Performs other tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
- Other duties as assigned.