JobID 1287 : Learning Disabilities Teacher-Consultant (Tenure Track) Available Immediately (#1941171)
Job | Posted 4 months ago
- Participate in the evaluation, classification and placement of all students with special needs.
- Assess the academic proficiency and learning characteristics of each student referred to the child study team for evaluation, and interpret the findings in written reports and informal conferences.
- Assist in the development and coordination of an appropriate individualized education plan for each student requiring special education and/or related services.
- Participate in the ongoing assessment of academic achievement and educational placement of classified students.
- Consult with classroom teachers, administrators and parents regarding special instructional methods and/or materials necessary to meet the specific needs of individual students.
- Keep up-to-date in the field of learning disabilities and with current regulations governing the education of students with disabilities.
- Participate in the development and delivery of inservice programs and parent seminars related to learning disabilities and effective teaching methods.
- Work to keep the community informed of the special education program and the role of the learning disability teacher consultant.
- Serve as a case manager as assigned and maintain appropriate case records.
- Maintain professional competence through inservice education and participation in professional development activities.
- Perform all duties required as a member of the child study team by administrative code, state and federal laws, and board policy.
- Assume other related duties/assignments assigned by the Superintendent or Director of Special Services.
- New Jersey Learning Disabilities Teacher-Consultant Certification
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing special education
- Ability to effectively assess students' learning characteristics, design appropriate instructional strategies and plan educational programs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Criminal history background check
- Proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status
Per Hoboken Education Association (HEA) Contract
Hoboken School District
158 4th Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $19,422 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 345