JobID 299 : Part time Custodian (#1940515)
Job | Posted a month ago
Part Time Custodian
- Responsible for the maintenance of the school building and grounds.
- Plan and oversee all maintenance repair work, maintaining a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency.
- Maintain an inventory and recommend purchase of suitable supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Distribute custodial supplies and equipment for the purpose of disseminating materials to custodial staff and/or storage locations.
- Replenish classroom and rest room supplies (e.g. paper towels, soap, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring adequate quantities for daily use.
- Respond to immediate safety and/or operations concerns (e.g. facility damage, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action or notifying appropriate personnel for resolutions.
- Performs minor maintenance building repairs (e.g. electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.).
- Responsible for opening the building and conducting daily walkthroughs.
- Inspect and identify necessary repairs and equipment replacement and repairs.
- Perform safety checks on school fire extinguishers, alarm system, and other equipment to ensure that it falls under proper safety guidelines.
- Monitor and maintain the boiler room and ensure healthy heating and cooling conditions through-out the building.
- Coordinate summer and large projects such as moving of a classrooms, large delivery of books, furniture or equipment.
- Arrive at school each day by 4:00 p.m. and leave no earlier than 9:00 p.m.
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations or School Director.
- Valid NJ State Black Seal Boiler’s License preferred
- Successfully completes required criminal history check and has proof of U.S citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent training experience.
- Three to five years of experience in school building operations and maintenance; cleaning methods and procedures; repairs; heating and ventilation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Display the highest level of ethical and professional behavior in working with students, parents, school personnel, and external agencies and vendors associated with the school.
- Strong commitment to the mission and vision of Roseville Community Charter School.
Job Type: Part-timeFLSA Status: Non-exempt
Roseville Community Cs
540 ORANGE STREET, NEWARK, NJ 07107
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $19,422 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 345