JobID 559 : IT Coordinator (#1939952)
REPORTS TO: Designated Supervisor
JOB GOAL: To provide a higher level of assistance for Help Desk and Field Support Technicians in resolving network, email and application problems in a safe and cost effective manner that supports the instructional and technical goals of the District, ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides advice and assistance to Technology Specialist and Network Support Specialists in installing network electronics, computer operating systems and applications.
2. Communicates solutions to problems clearly and collaborates with both technical and non-technical personnel.
3. Remains current in changes and updates affecting current and emerging technologies used in the school district environment.
4. Evaluates new software applications and makes recommendations for purchases by the District. T-6.09
5. Collaborates with Network and Server Operations groups to assure smooth and continuous operation of the Districts data network.
6. Administers all aspects of email/network user accounts in Mail Server.
7. Develops deployment strategies which provide users with unattended software, applications installation and Ghost images.
1. To provide training to school based personnel in the installation and troubleshooting of software and network electronics.
2. Performs related work as required. (NOTE: The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS: Position requires lifting or exerting up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 20 pounds of force consistently to move objects.