JobID 10481 : Deans Assistant (10:00 am - 6:00 pm) (#1939532)
Perform duties to maintain a safe and secure environment, monitor student behavior and follow-up with students regarding unexcused absences. Perform duties with the shuttle bus.
1. Monitor student behaviors in various locations throughout the facility and throughout the day in a variety of settings. Stop inappropriate behavior and refer students to Dean's office as needed (using CPI techniques).
2. Supervise student in detention or small groups of students as needed.
3. Ensure students and visitors possess correct passes and identifications.
4. Check and secure doors and stairwells and monitor security cameras.
5. Follow up with students regarding unexcused absences and issue referrals or consequences as needed.
6. Direct traffic flow, ensure entrances kept clear of vehicles, ensure faculty and visitor parking lots contain appropriate vehicles and monitor students entering and leaving buildings.
7. Operate shuttle bus to drive students to and from various campus buildings in accordance with established route and schedule.
8. Deliver mail and parcels as needed to various District locations and buildings.
9. Maintain mileage log and submit to shuttle bus vendor as needed.
10. Deliver shuttle bus to vendor for maintenance and repair as needed.
11. Clean, maintain and fuel the shuttle bus.
12. Share the responsibility (with additional compensation), supervising evening and weekend events.
13. Use general office equipment. Demonstrate proficiency using the technology and computer-based programs provided by the District. Use these programs to effectively manage and organize files, communication, records and databases.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Rate of pay: $12.98/hour
Working Conditions: High School, inside and outside the building. Shuttle bus driving may be required.
Selection Procedure: Qualified candidates will be contacted by the appropriate building administrator.