JobID 5945 : High School Mathematics Teacher (#1938566)
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the School Leader the teacher is responsible for the education of assigned students and will create a flexible program and class environment favorable for learning and personal growth. The teacher will establish effective rapport with students; motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and the knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education, and do so in accordance with each student's ability. Professional relations will be developed and maintained with other staff and parents.
1. Teach Mathematics, utilizing the course of study adopted by the Delaware Dept. of Education, correlated with other appropriate learning activities. Demonstrating solid knowledge and understanding of math content and subject matter.
2. Develop lesson plans, adapt curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction.
3. Utilize computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student instruction.
4. Control the storage and use of Early College High School owned property; make minor adjustments and request repairs as required.
5. Maintain classroom organization and discipline.
6. Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
7. Provide and maintain a safe and supervised environment in the classroom and on the school grounds.
8. Devise and utilize techniques which accurately measure student progress.
9. Evaluate student's academic and personal growth keeping appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
10. Communicate with parents through conferences and other means discussing academic and personal progress; interpret school programs.
11. Communicate and cooperate with other professional staff in academic and personal growth areas.
12. Adhere to Early College High School policies, including attendance, absences and evaluations.
13. Attendance must be adequate to acceptably perform listed job functions.
1. Create an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
2. Select and requisition books and instructional materials; maintain required inventory records.
3. Administer group standardized tests in accordance with State of Delaware testing program.
4. Participate in faculty meetings, committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
5. Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the Early College High School and through self- directed professional growth activities.
6. Perform other job duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary to Performance of Essential Functions:
1. Possess problem solving skills.
2. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, school staff and patrons.
3. Communicates effectively.
Required Education and Training for Essential Functions:
1. Valid State of Delaware teaching license and subject specific endorsement, or alternative program leading to license.