Task Force Guest Teacher
·Position Type: Task Force Guest Teacher
·Position Guide: Certified Personnel
Nine (9) Months
·Date Posted: 07/23/2019
REPORTS TO: Principal
Under the direct supervision of the building principal, the substitute classroom teacher will continue to offer the same quality educational program as the regular employed teacher.
The information contained in this job description is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties performed by the individual holding this position may be assigned.
- Professional Educator License with Self Contained General Education Endorsement or Substitute Teaching License
- Applicants must possess effective behavior management skills.
4.Able to assist students with academic subject matter.
5.Appropriate interpersonal skills.
6.Good classroom management skills.
7. Uses a variety of instructional strategies to present material to students
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews with the principal, assistant principal all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day.
- Implements the District 86 curriculum, utilizing the course of study adopted by the Board of School Inspectors.
- Implements the existing plans of the regular teacher when the substitute is employed for only one or two days for the same regular teacher.
- Executes all necessary planning, organization, student evaluation and grade reporting when the substitute is employed for three or more days for the same regular teacher.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates student academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, prepares progress reports, and communicates with parents, if appropriate, through conferences and other means to discuss student progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning by utilizing displays or bulletin boards.
- Maintains professional competence.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
- Communicates with the regular teacher regarding activities which took place while the regular teacher was absent.
- To seek assistance from or through the building principal or other support personnel to improve the instructional program or to solve specific problems.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters when performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Employee experiences constant interruptions and inflexible deadlines. The noise level in this environment is quiet to moderate. Duties are performed primarily indoors and occasionally outdoors. In-district and out-of-town travel required as necessary for training and/or to carry out duties and responsibilities.
Salary and Benefits:
Bargaining Agreement Union Position: The salary schedules for the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 school years are attached as Appendix A.click on link: https://www.joliet86.org/file.aspx?DocumentId=9830 (page.30)
Application Procedures: Applications are considered complete when all required materials are submitted including: 1) an on-line application, 2) a letter of interest in the position, 3) unofficial copies of all college and/or university transcripts, and 4) list three recent references with email address from past or current professional employment. The District uses an on-line application that will be available at www.joliet86.org. All required documents should be attached to your on-line application.