Social Worker Intern (2 Part-TimePositions/20 hours per week)
Provide school based interventions under direct supervision of a Clinical Social Worker.
Responsibilities: Include but not limited to:
1. Advocate for students' education, safety and well being;
2. Provide individual and group counseling;
3. Assist with risk assessments and become familiar with the DSM 5;
4. Provide crisis intervention as needed;
5. Make home visits, when appropriate;
6. Collaborate with school-based staff and administrator;
7. Participation in Individual Education Program meetings as needed and assist in the development of intervention plans in which school socialwork services are appropriate;
8. Serve as a liaison and advocate for students and parents;
9. Serve as a liaison between the Interlocal Learning Center and community agencies; and
10. Attend School Social Work meetings.
The Cooperative Description:
The Sedgwick County Area Educational Services Interlocal Cooperative #618, a public school entity, has our central office located in Goddard, Kansas, just eight minutes West of the airport in Wichita, Kansas. Our Cooperative staff of over 300 certified/licensed and 650 classified employees provide services to students with IEPs (including gifted) to over 3,200 of the 20,000+ students who attend growing schools within the nine districts of the Cooperative.
The SCAESIC #618 does not discriminate on the basis of color, religion, national origin, sex, handicap/disability or age. E.O.E.
Sedgwick County Area Educational Services Interlocal Cooperative #618
620 Industrial, P.O. Box 760
Goddard, KS 67052