School Bus Driver
The Dearborn ACademy is seeking partime Bus Driver:
Under supervision, the Bus Driver/Lunch Aide will perform a variety of supportive tasks that may include general maintenance, instructional and food service assistance. The Bus Driver/Lunch Aide will transport students and clients to and from classes, appointments and field trips using company vehicles up to and including a 77-passenger school bus. The Bus Driver/Lunch Aide will perform pre- and post-trip inspections on vehicles and maintain vehicle logs and report safety and maintenance issues to the designated building administrator. When school bus services are required, the employee will drive the school bus and be released from other duties while performing the duties necessary to maintain and drive the bus. The employee may supervise students at lunch and recess periods and during drop-off and pick-up times and other duties as assigned.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Pick up and transport children and/or clients to and from the Academy or other approved sites.
- Maintain transportation files on all school bus passengers.
- Establish and maintain two-way communications with campus, teachers and parents.
- Maintain records as required by the Academy.
- Submit reports as required.
- Maintain current required trainings.
- Other driving duties as requested.
- Clean the bus before and after each use.
- Enforce all Academy policies concerning the operation of and riding on the bus.
- Participate in all trainings and in-services relating to job duties.
- Perform other transportation duties as assigned.
- Monitor students during lunch hours and recess as required.
- Assist with set up of chairs and tables.
- Receive breakfast and lunch deliveries.
- Unload van.
- Monitor and assist students with receiving their meals.
- Perform other job related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license, appropriate licenses where applicable, high degree of skill in at least one construction trade and have a secondary construction trade skill.
- CDL Class “A,” “B,” or “C,” with a passenger “P” and “S” endorsements and six (6) months experience in driving students and/or clients using at minimum a 17-seat van and 80 -seat bus. No more than six points on driving record in the last three years.
- Maintain skills and licensing necessary to drive the school bus.No convictions of DUI or reckless driving.
- Experience in food handling or previous work with children is preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pound containers on a regular basis.
- Ability to read and follow directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Employee is subject to alcohol and drug testing as required by the Michigan Department of Transportation (“MDOT”).
- Compliance with all requirements for school bus drivers as set forth by MDE.
- Satisfactory criminal background check and unprofessional conduct check as required by School Safety Legislation.