Speech Language Pathologist (Temporary)
Temporary Speech/Language Pathologist
The CREC Resource Group is seeking a part-time Speech and Language Pathologist to work with schools districts in the Greater Hartford Region. Strong candidates will possess excellent oral and written communication skills, strong collaboration skills, and experience in administering a variety of diagnostic assessments, writing reports and presenting at PPT’s. Successful candidates will provide direct and/or consultative services, both in small group and/or within the general education setting, according to the needs of the child.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
Provides communication therapy and consultation to students.
- Evaluating and assessing students with speech/language needs.
- Developing and implementing comprehensive service plans.
- Creates student goals and objectives for IEPs based on the general education curriculum.
- Participating in early intervention and data teams.
- Attending PPT and 504 meetings as necessary.
- Completes all required reports.
- Provides consultation services to teachers to assist in meeting needs of specific students.
- Attends student and team meetings as required.
May supervise Paraeducator, Speech Language Pathology Assistant or intern. Plans, schedules and reviews/evaluates work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of speech and language, assessment tools, methods and child developments in the area of language.
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, LEA, students and parents.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- MS/MA in Speech Language Pathology
- A valid Connecticut State Department of Education Certification
CREC is an intentionally diverse social justice organization whose members work to acknowledge, respect, and empathize with people of all different identifiers, such as race, socioeconomic status, gender identity and expression, education, age, ability, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, language, nationality, and religion. We commit to affirm and honor the lived experiences of others, to willingly challenge inherited beliefs and ideologies, and consequently learn, grow, and serve.