Vehicle Assistant FT/PT
Position Definition: The Vehicle Assistant shall have the primary responsibility of assisting the driver in providing safe and courteous transportation of students.
Relationship: The Vehicle Assistant will be directly responsible to the Transportation Supervisor.
- Valid driver’s license, preferred.
- Experience working with children, preferred.
- Ability to utilize technology effectively, including, but not limited to, internet and email.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated by patience, understanding, and congeniality.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Attends work regularly at assigned work hours subject to lawful leave rights and responsibilities.
- Proficient data collection and entry skills.
- Demonstrates the skills to provide the highest level of customer service, with patience and knowledge of the department’s services
- Must be able to physically assist students entering and exiting the vehicle.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, lift, reach, and communicate (vision, hearing, and speech) to effectively carry out functions, duties, and responsibilities.
- Ability to independently ambulate in and around work areas.
- Ability to travel to and from assigned work locations without employer support.
- Ability to exhibit appropriate manual dexterity to effectively carry out functions, duties, and responsibilities.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time (3 hours).
- Must be able to push and pull wheelchairs safely and attach wheelchairs safely to vehicles for transportation to and from assigned schools.
Authority: The Vehicle Assistant will have the authority to perform all functions listed below in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Functions/Duties/Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty/responsibility at acceptable standards. In accordance with both state and/or federal law, reasonable accommodations will be considered upon employee request.
- Cordially greets students upon arrival at vehicle.
- Assists students entering and exiting the vehicle.