Dorm Shift Nurse
TITLE: Dorm shift Nurse
To maintain a safe, secure environment for the students during the night between the hours of 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM. To provide medical support as needed.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Dorm shift nurse provides support and assistance to the overall school plan by following through on behavioral management programs, ensuring the physical safety of the residents, and following through on medical treatments.
The dormitory shift nurse reports to the Dorm Supervisor, Charge Nurse, Physician and Executive Director.
High School Diploma
Valid Illinois Driver’s License
Illinois LPN license
60 or more hours college experience preferred
Experience with individuals with disabilities preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To insure the comfort and security of the students during their normal sleeping hours.
- To ensure that recommended procedures and programs are carried out appropriately at night
- To disseminate any information on students or their programming to appropriate staff
- Attend to students’ medical needs, complete prescribed treatments
- Complete shift summary and data sheets as required
- Administer medication and medical treatments to students as prescribed
- Perform monthly inventory of medical supplies.
- Chart student medical/health information as needed
- Thin charts as needed.
- Maintain a clean nursing office before and after each shift.
- Endorse information on students to the AM Nurse.
- Assist with nursing overview for student IEP’s as assigned.
- Prepare formula/feedings for students daily.
Policies and Procedures
- Enforce school policies and procedures
- Handle emergency situations, informing Executive Director, Charge Nurse, Physician or Supervisor as necessary
- Update Executive Director, Charge Nurse or Supervisor on incidents or problems which may occur
Other Activities as deemed necessary by Executive Director may include, but not limited to:
- Respond appropriately to parent contact and to report such communications accurately
- To provide positive reinforcement to staff members as appropriate
- To complete required reports
- Incident reports
- Attend inservice programs and staff meetings as appropriate