GSRP Preschool Lead Teacher
Description: Seeking an experienced Lead Teacher with a Bachelor Degree or higher in Early Child Development. The teacher in this position will also serve as a mentor to early childhood education students with Hope College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a safe and positive classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the child.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Implements daily activities consistent with an understanding of the developmental needs of the student.
- Provides effective individualized instruction that is based on assessment data.
- Initiates and maintains effective parent and community relationships.
- Conducts 2 home visits and 2 parent teacher conferences per school year.
- Adheres to all requirements of the GSRP grant as cited in the Implementation Manual.
- Adheres to all childcare licensing rules and regulations.
Qualifications: A valid Michigan teaching certificate and an Early Childhood Education (ZA) or Early Childhood-General and Special Education (ZS) endorsement or bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or child development with a specialization in preschool teaching. The transcript will document a major, rather than a minor, in child development or early childhood education.
Job Type: Full Time/Grant Funded
Schedule: School year schedule
Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance available.