Elementary Interventionist Pool
Days per Year: 187
JOB TITLE: Elementary Literacy Interventionist- SCE
REPORTS TO: Dual Reporting
Campus Principal and District RtI Coordinator
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Exempt
PAY GRADE: Teacher Salary Scale
The Elementary Literacy Interventionist will provide “real time” direct instruction through push-in and pull-out research-based interventions in the designated ELA curricular areas to at risk students that are currently below grade level based on analysis of district and state assessments. The Elementary Interventionist supports teachers in their efforts to increase student academic performance to meet state standards in accordance with District goals, policies and procedures.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Valid Texas teaching certification in EC-6
- 2 years’ successful teaching
- Specialization in English/Spanish Language Arts such a reading or writing
- Special education, bilingual and/or ESL certification
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Demonstrated knowledge of best instructional practices and research based interventions practices delivered in a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS)
- Strong communication and motivational skills with students and teachers
- Ability to relate to a diverse student population
- Flexible and patient
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide Research-based Effective Interventions
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and building administrator to design and implement effective instructional interventions.
- Deliver direct, focused instructional interventions to identified students
- Use research-based intervention programs as provided by the district.
- Develop and secure instructional materials for student’s direct instruction
- Analyze data to identify student’s instructional areas of need
- Assist with coordination of Saturday tutorials.
- Monitor the academic progress of identified students following district approved assessments to determine growth within the program.
- Monitor the academic progress of identified students following interventions based on data.
- Maintain accurate student records, parent communications records and student progress data reports as required by state law and district policy
- Testing and Data Assistance
- Analyze formative assessments to determine areas of growth, needs, and success.
- Collect and upload student progress data/information into student tracking & monitoring system.
- Use the data to identify students who need additional assistance.
- Maintain on-going communication with administrators, classroom teachers, and other instructional staff.
- Professional Development
- Attend professional development opportunities that promote improved instructional strategies and support researched-based resource material needed to implement the intervention program successfully and support/maintain professional growth.
- Other Responsibilities
- Report to work daily per your schedule approved by your campus principal.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Follow district guidelines and policies.
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom or adaptive equipment. May be required to lift and position students with physical disabilities; control behavior through physical.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
This position is funded by Federal/and or State grants, you understand that your employment is expressly conditioned on the availability of full funding for the position. If full funding becomes unavailable, your employment is subject to termination or nonrenewal, or reassignment as applicable.