Math Innovation Specialist
At the present time, a vacancy exists for a Math Innovation Specialist within the Innovative Educational Services division of the Chester County Intermediate Unit. This position will be located at the Educational Service Center in Downingtown, PA. Please note, this position is posted two ways: as a 260 day/year Project staff position (no current teaching certification required) and as a 194 day/year Professional staff position (current teaching certification required).
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for coordinating the application of STEM-related instructional innovations, supporting math initiatives, and bridging the gap between educational innovation, STEM, and the best mathematical practices in the Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) within Chester County. This includes assisting LEAs with the planning and implementation of all educational innovations. Assistance may come in the form of research, development, workshops, etc. This position will take a lead role in CCIU programs and services such as STEM programming and the CCIU Innovation Lending Library. The position will support the development, creation, and/or evaluation of curricula using the Understanding by Design framework. The position will support CCIU programs such as STEM initiatives, specific math initiatives, social media initiatives, researching new technology tools, AR/VR, blended learning, flipped learning, open educational resources, learning management systems, online instruction, robotics, coding, and digital literacy.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Teaching experience in STEM subject required
- Mathematics 7-12 certification required
- Level II teaching certification preferred
- Experience planning, organizing, and directing staff development activities, events and programs
- Experience in implementing real-world, hands-on learning opportunities and engaging learners using various instructional technology tools
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and develop educational innovation services to support LEAs.
- Plan and develop collaborative activities using appropriate technologies (videoconferencing, web conferencing, and online collaborations) to support K-12 educators.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the area of math and STEM educational innovations and develop appropriate training applications (collaborative virtual environments, social networking, communication/collaboration tools, etc.).
- Provide technical support and services through site visits, telephone conferences, email, and online courses.
- Design and support professional learning on instructional uses for math and STEM education innovations such as learning management systems (Schoology, Canvas, Moodle, etc.), adaptive curriculum programs, and open educational resources.
- Coordinate with other regional and statewide agencies for the planning and delivery of symposiums and educational opportunities relating to math and STEM education innovations.
- Present at local, regional, and national conferences.
- Remain current with developments in math and STEM education innovations such as personalized learning, open educational resources, computer science, blended learning, etc.
- Support CCIU networking groups through program planning, training sessions, or conference planning.
- Support the marketing of programs and services through newsletters, social media, or other appropriate strategies.
- Assist with grant writing and research.
- Assist with curriculum review and/or development cycles.
Salary 2019-2020 School Year:
- $51,181 to $83,466 - Instructional I Certification
- $53,464 to $86,855 - Instructional II Certification
- $56,949 to $94,953 - Master's Degree
- $60,793 - $100,548 - Master's + 30
4 days per week; either Monday - Thursday or Tuesday - Friday per department needs. Please see attached BVA calendar for 2019-2020 school year dates. 194 days/year; 7.5 hours/day.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chester County Intermediate Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Chester County Intermediate Unit ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Chester County Intermediate Unit has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources at 484-237-5085.