Vocational Engineering Technology
This position requires a Career and Technical Certification in "Engineering Technology" with an emphasis on Metal Fabrication - see the description below.
The successful candidate will:
- safely and expertly manipulate metal fabrication tools and technologies,
- demonstrate sophisticated and current knowledge of industry-standard engineering equipment and their relevant applications and processes in the workplace,
- expertly utilize manual and CNC technology to create both unique artifacts and mass scale production,
- successfully facilitate the cultivation of knowledge and skills related to all of the above processes for a diverse student population ranging from 9th to 12th grade,
- consistently and appropriately recognize and adapt instruction for each students' grade- and individual-skill level,
- be responsible for demonstrating, modeling, and ensuring proper workplace safety and procedures with all students,
- effectively develop creativity and relevant engineering and design skills through free-form and technical projects,
- foster an appreciation for all things mechanical by providing a world-wide perspective on the art of metal fabrication.