Behavior Instructional Aide (ABA)
Ridgewood Public Schools is looking for highly motivated individuals to serve as behavioral assistants in self-contained special education classes. A qualified person for this position will have direct experience working with students who have profound challenges in the areas of behavioral regulation, hygiene and self-help, attention and engagement, and learning. Additionally, candidates must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate and work well with students, staff, parents, and administration. This position requires on-going professional development and candidates must be willing to devote time and energy to these activities. An ideal candidate will also have experience working in a Discrete Trial classroom and/or knowledge of ABA principles.
1. Collect, input, and analyze data, as determined by the individual responsible for planning the ABA/Discrete Trial Program for each child.
2. Implement the ABA/Discrete Trial and behaviorally based programs and plans, as directed by the individual responsible for the program.
3. Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior reduction protocols.
4. Participate in regular meetings with teachers, behaviorists, CST members, and administration to analyze and reflect upon collected data.
5. Assist with the supervision of students, as assigned by the teacher, BCBA, CST, and/or building Principal.
6. Operate instructional equipment and/or implement instructional apps, as required for individual students and the program.
7. Assist with personal and hygienic needs of students, as appropriate.
8. Attend to medical needs of students, as appropriate.
9. Maintain student confidentiality.
10. Assist in the preparation and maintenance of instructional and class materials.
11. Need to complete and earn a Ridgewood Behavior Assistant certificate.
12. All other duties assigned.
To apply for this position, please go to http://www.ridgewood.k12.nj.us/ and click on the JOB OPPORTUNITIES link to complete the application process. Please do not mail, email, or bring resumes to the district HR office or any of our schools. Unsolicited paper documents will be discarded.
Ridgewood Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.