Substitute School/Office Clerk
Supervisor: Principal or Supervising Administrator
Hourly: $9.50 per hour with annual increase up to $11.25 per hour (after working 90 days in a school year)
$13.03 per if working a long-term assignment of 21 or more consecutive days
Work Schedule: On an as-needed basis
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the clerical position's supervisor, this position will perform general clerical duties in the absence of the permanent clerical staff employee or will provide clerical assistance on an as-needed basis.
Qualifications / Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent education and/or a minimum of 6 months of similar experience.
- Experience performing clerical work, preferred.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills, preferred.
- Basic math aptitude.
- Ability to sort, classify and compare information (alpha, numeric, subject/content)
- Experience using Google products, preferred.
- Ability to operate general office equipment including phones, computer, copier, laminator, intercom, etc.
- Supports the usual office routines and practices associated with the school office or department at district office.
- Greets all individuals with a positive, receptive attitude and contributes to a good work environment in the office and school building.
- Support building safety by having all visitors’ sign-in/out and processing background check of visitors through the Raptor program and issue Visitor passes.
- Answer incoming phone calls, record and deliver messages to building staff.
- Communicates changes, issues, concerns to building administration.
- Collect and deliver notes, permission slips, and other communication from parents to teachers.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Perform various data entry tasks as requested by building or district administration.
- Performs other tasks as needed.
Physical Abilities and Working Conditions
- Vision: (which may be corrected) to read small print; view a computer screen for prolonged periods.
- Hearing: (which may be corrected) to answer telephones and tolerate exposure to noisy conditions.
- Speech: to be understood in face-to-face communications; to speak with a level of proficiency and volume to be understood over a telephone.
- Upper Body Mobility: use hands and fingers to feel, grasp, and manipulate small objects; manipulate fingers, twist and bend at wrist and elbow; extend arms to reach outward and upward; use hands and arms to lift objects; turn, raise, and lower head.
- Lower Body Mobility: to bend at waist; stoop; twist and turn torso.
- Strength: to lift, push, pull and/or carry objects that weigh as much as 25 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Environmental Requirements: encounter constant work interruptions; work cooperatively with others; work independently; work indoors.
- Mental Requirements: read, write, understand, interpret and apply information at a moderately complex level essential for successful job performance; business math skills at a high school proficiency level; judgement and the ability to process information quickly; learn quickly and follow verbal procedures and standards; give verbal instruction; rank tasks in order of importance; copying, comparing, compiling and coordinating information and records.
APPLY: Applicants should complete the online application and upload all supplementary materials electronically. Hard-copy materials are not accepted. The online application may be accessed by visiting our website: https://www.applitrack.com/orland135/onlineapp/default.aspx
We are an equal opportunity employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.