JV Baseball Coach
Posted 3 months ago
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The High School JV Baseball Coach will:
- Handing out equipment.
- Conditioning – running drills, agility drills, flexibility drills, and strength drills.
- Care of injuries occurring at practice and games.
- Pitching fundamentals – control drills, fast ball drills, curve ball drills and change of pace drills
- Pitching techniques – windup, stretch and pick off
- Pitching fielding – bunt, squeeze, and double play.
- Catching fundamentals – receiving drills (blocking low pitches, moving on wide pitches) throwing d rills (release, throwing to bases and strategy).
- Infield fundamentals – ground balls, fly balls, throwing, bunts, double plays, relays, cut-offs, squeeze plays.
- Outfield fundamentals ground balls, fly balls and throwing.
- Hitting fundamentals - stance and swing.
- Bunting fundaments – body position, bat position and types of bunts.
- Base running fundamentals – lead-off, stealing bases, tagging up, and advancing.
- Game days – batting and infield practice and coach on base lines.
- Inventory of equipment.
- Making sure that each baseball player has Student-Parent form on file.
- Supervise team for all practices and games.
- Make sure outdoor facilities are secure after practice