Posted 3 months ago
- Valid Indiana Science Teaching License
- Interest in sponsoring/coaching extra-curricular activities preferred
- Alternatives licensure/qualifications may be considered if the Board finds appropriate need
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Increase student learning using multiple instructional strategies while reaching multiple learning modalities.
- Be responsible for the classroom instructional program which includes
- Establishing goals and objectives to meet individual and group needs of students
- Day to day and long range lesson plans that reflect the goals and objectives
- Use of technology to enhance instruction
- Use of authentic assessment methods to evaluate student progress and adjust teaching to meet individual needs
- Work cooperatively with other personnel to improve instructional programs and the overall operation of the school
- Be responsible for classroom management and discipline and cooperating in establishing a general tone of behavior throughout the building through the use of the PBIS framework.
- Foster favorable school/community relationships including, but not limited to:
- Informing parents of classroom goals, objectives and material
- Conducting parent conferences
- Reporting progress of student
- Be responsible for supplies, care of the room, inventories and other reasonable assignments as prescribed by the Principal.
- Be responsible for accurate record keeping and issuing of grades.
- Attempt to meet the social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs of the middle school student.
- Be knowledgeable of current educational methods and techniques such as PBL and PBIS as well as participate in building and system-wide meetings.
- Cooperate and participate in necessary non-teaching duties
- Knowledge of effective teaching strategies and how to utilize data from multiple sources to plan (e.g., standardized tests, NWEA, Acuity, etc.).
- Be responsible for upholding adopted School Board and administrative policies.
- All other duties as assigned by the Principal.