JUNE 27, 2019
VACANCY POSTING FOR 2019-2020
POSTING PERIOD: JULY 1, 2019 THROUGH UNTIL FILLED
For information concerning this position, contact the Transportation Department at
904-225-0127 or contact Personnel. For salary and transfer information, contact the Personnel Department.
Bus Drivers RANGE OF PAY: $15.17/hr - $16.68/hr
(1) Possess a valid CDL Class B license with passenger, school bus and air brakes endorsements.
NOTE: The applicant must satisfactorily complete a required driver training course and pass a performance test in the operation of a school bus.
* (1) Comply with all state and local traffic laws and School Board policies and procedures relative to the safe operation of a school bus.
* (2) Inspect the bus to ensure the bus is in safe operating condition before leaving on a route or trip.
* (3) Assume responsibility for the safety of his/her passengers including loading and unloading.
* (4) Instruct students in safety precautions and practices.
* (5) Maintain appropriate student discipline and report unruly behavior to the School Principal.
* (6) Sweep and keep the bus clean, both inside and outside, at all times.
* (7) Prepare FEFP and other required operational reports accurately and submit in a timely manner.
(8) Make recommendations to improve school bus routes, stops and loading / unloading zones at schools.
* (9) Use effective, positive interpersonal communication skills.
*(10) Report to the head mechanic, or appropriate administrator, any defects in the bus or repairs needed for the safe operation of the bus.
(11) Complete required in-service and training programs.
(12) Assist in obtaining substitute drivers if required.
(13) Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN TO ELIGIBLE VETERANS AND SPOUSES IN COMPLIANCE WITH FLORIDA
AND FEDERAL APPLICABLE LAWS.