Itinerant Special Education Teacher
Posted 2 months ago
Full-time, 10 MonthWork Schedule
Monday to Friday, 7:45AM to 3:30PMReports To
Assistant DirectorPosition Summary
NEW OPENINGS! The Vanguard School has an opening for a certified Special Education teacher to fill a daily report substitute teacher role providing substitute coverage on a daily basis where ever the need for a substitute is. The Itinerant Special Education Teacher will instruct students and facilitate academic and social-emotional learning in the absence of the regularly assigned teacher. It is the responsibility of an itinerant teacher to move the learning process forward and maintain continuity in instruction. The itinerant teacher may receive daily, weekly, or long term assignments depending on the need of The Vanguard School and at the discretion of administration. May also substitute in other areas (i.e. as an instructional assistant) when needed.
COVID-19: We are currently providing 100% remote instruction on M365. Beginning October 26, we will go to a 2 days/week in the classroom and 3 days/week remote schedule. Beginning November 16, we will increase to 4 days/week in the classroom and 1 day/week of remote instruction. PPE will be provided to all staff. For additional details, see our Health & Safety Plan on our website.
Benefits include: paid health and dental insurance, paid personal and sick days, a 9% employer contribution to our Retirement Plan, and opportunities for professional development. Tuition reimbursement of up to $2000 in the first year is available for college courses in special education. Safety care training is provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Elementary Education, or a related field.
- Current, valid Pennsylvania certification in Special Education.
- Exposure to and participation in appropriate special education related programming.
- Ability to recognize the individuality and uniqueness of each student & treat him/her with respect & dignity.
- Ability to engage intellectually and physically in all components of the educational process.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with all constituents (administrators, colleagues, students, parents, and others).
- Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Ability to use computers and perform clerical skills at a proficient level.