Chandler Park Academy
POSITIONS AVAILABLE IN THE ELEMENTARY, MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOLS
The Building Substitute performs regular teacher’s class plan while the teacher is absent. The Building Substitute maintain, as fully as possible, the established routine and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree; or
- Completed 90 semester hours of satisfactory credit combined from one or more regionally accredited two- or four-year colleges or universities.
- Possess the professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with students, school personnel, parents and the community.
- Education related experience preferred.
- Assumes the responsibilities for instructing classes when a teacher is absent
- Assumes other responsibilities for that teacher during the time the teacher is absent
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and during lunch and other activities
- Maintains appropriate records including checking test papers, recording grades, student assignments for homework, projects and the necessary clerical work required to maintain student records for a teacher who is absent
- Follows all district and individual school policies, rules and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by Principal or designee.