Teacher of Art
Job | Posted a year ago
To develop students' interest, abilities, talents and skills for artistic expression and creativity in the visual arts, as well as aesthetic understanding and appreciation by implementing district approved curriculum.
- Develops and administers school art curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Teaches knowledge and skills in art, including crafts, drawing, painting, lettering, design, commercial art, art history, and three-dimensional art to secondary pupils, following the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Provides instruction by which pupils develop aesthetic concepts and appreciation and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art, art appreciation and what constitutes art.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student skills and learning in artistic techniques and expression, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Demonstrates techniques in activities such as drawing, painting, and modeling, using standard and teacher-prepared instructional aids.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
- NJ Teacher of Art Certification
Florence Township School District
250 Pine st , Florence, NJ 08518
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $19,422
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 345