TWHS High School Principal
NORTH WEST HENDRICKS SCHOOL CORPORATION
HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
To supervise the school’s educational and extracurricular programs for students, the safety and maintenance of school building, and evaluate school staff.
1. Supervises the school’s educational program, including guiding the development, revision, and evaluation of the curriculum.
2. In conjunction with the Superintendent or his or her designee, recruits, screens, selects, trains, and assigns of the school’s staff.
3. Assumes responsibility for the safety and maintenance of the school plant.
4. Budgets school time to provide for the efficient conduct of school instruction and business.
5. Maintains high standards of student conduct and enforces discipline as necessary, affording due process to the rights of students.
6. Supervises and evaluates the school’s extracurricular program.
7. Conducts regular meetings and professional development for the staff as necessary for the proper functioning of the school.
8. Revises the building handbook of practices and procedures annually.
9. Organizes and administers the public relations program for the school.
10. Guides the parent/teacher organization in its legitimate constructive role in school affairs.
11. Oversees the daily use of the school facilities for both educational and non-educational purposes.
12. Prepares and administers the school budget and supervises school finances, processes orders for materials and/or equipment deemed necessary for the delivery of educational services.
13. Supervises the maintenance of all required records and reports.
14. Supervises the guidance program to enhance individual student education and development.
15. Supervises the support programs to enhance individual student achievement and maintain an environment conducive to learning.
16. Initiates, designs, and implements approved programs to meet specific needs of the school and proposes improvements to the school’s programs.
17. Maintains and controls the various local school funds generated by student activities.
18. Cooperates with college and university officials regarding teacher training and preparation.
19. Evaluates and/or supervises the evaluation of all staff members in accord with District policy and procedures.
20. Actively participates in groups or committees as assigned by the Superintendent or his or her designee.
21. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as Superintendent or his or her designee may assign.
IN State Certification as a Teacher
IN State Certification as an Administrator
Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in educational administration or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.