Manager, District Security Operations Center
Job | Posted a year ago
Salary Range: $61,743 - $88,412
Areas of Responsibility and Preferred Qualifications will include:
- The Manager, District Security Operations Center (DSOC) will lead and set the strategic vision for Broward County Public Schools' centralized, 24 hour District Security Operations Center. The role will provide day-to-day staff direction and leadership for sensitive, real-time safety and security incident and emergency response. This position will help support the establishment of DSOC operations as the incident management and communications hub for the school District.
- Develop and manage the strategic vision of the District Security Operations Center (DSOC) and be responsible for the day-to-day direction and performance management of assigned staff.
- Manage a team responsible for triaging incident reports and disseminating them to relevant stakeholders as defined
- Coordinate with relevant District teams, including Transportation, IT, Facilities, Special Investigations Unit (SIU), Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), Fire, Safety & Security, and others as appropriate to remedy or respond to reported issues.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members, recommend training as appropriate, and provide guidance and direction to staff related to career planning.
- Develop performance management metrics and standards to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of DSOC staff.
- Manage, compile and review budget requests for the DSOC program with the immediate supervisor, ensuring spending within budget and effective projection of future budget needs.
- Support the Division's approach to evaluating and responding to potential threats relating to violence by initiating data and event analysis, gathering, interpreting, organizing and prioritizing open multi-source information and communicating the findings in a timely manner.
- Use computer applications to track and analyze ongoing events and, as appropriate, assist SIU and other law enforcement agencies investigating threats or acts of violence, which could affect the Broward County Schools community.
- Perform open-source and sensitive source research as appropriate.
Previously Advertised: Previous apllicants are still under consideration and do not need to reapply.
Be Advised: All Applications Are Subject To Florida Public Records Law.
Broward County Schools
600 SE 3rd Ave. , Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301
At the following locations
SAFETY, SECURITY, AND EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
600 SE 3RD AVENUE , FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33301
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $9,274
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.29
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 4,431