Full Time ED IV Teacher @ SEAPCO Academy for the 2020-2021 School Year
Job | Posted a month ago
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
Reports to: Special Education Administrator
- Plan an age appropriate program of study that meets the individual needs and abilities of students in accordance with district curriculum goals where applicable.
- Develop and implement an appropriate IEP to assess each student's progress.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher assistants and/or volunteers and evaluate their job performance.
- Develop and coordinate appropriate instructional materials, units and supplemental resources for delivery of instruction.
- Develop, modify, or adapt materials and assignments of the classroom curriculum to meet individual needs within an inclusionary setting.
- Present lessons and activities incorporating an introduction, statement of objectives, and summation.
- Provide opportunity for student feedback, guided practice, and independent practice.
- Lesson presentation incorporates different modalities of instruction.
- Evaluate student's performance and implement remedial strategies as needed.
- Provide instruction, implementing the IEP, assisting students as indicated by circumstances.
- In an inclusionary setting, implement the IEP, provide instruction, team teach, and assist students as indicated by circumstances.
- Establish and maintain communication with faculty members, administration, supervisory personnel, parents, and students.
- Complete and submit required forms and reports on time.
- Attend and participate in conferences regarding students.
Classroom and Behavior Management
- Develop and implement reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedures to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Assure responsibility for the safety and well being of students under his or her direct supervision.
- Assume responsibility for the care and protection of school property, equipment, and materials.
- Implement all applicable policies and/or rules established by housing district.
- Improve competence by utilizing inservice opportunities, course work, professional literature, and other reliable means of professional growth.
- Maintain professional ethics.
- Wear appropriate attire as determined by district dress code and instructional setting.
- Follow arrival and departure times of school as established by district guidelines.
- Meet attendance guidelines as established by the SEAPCO handbook.
Select this link to apply > Submit an application
Special Education Assn. of Peoria County (SEAPCO)
6000 S Adams St , Bartonville, IL 61607
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246