Position Title: Senior Developer
Assignment: Software Development
Labor Relationship: CLIU Professional
Date Originated: 05/01/2001
Date Revised: 01/25/2002; 05/06/2010; 02/2017
Position Definition: To participate as a Senior Developer of the MIS team as the primary Senior Developer.
Relationship: The Senior Developer is directly responsible to the Director of Operations and MIS.
- Bachelor of Science in Math or Computer Science.
- Minimum three (3) years of programming experience.
- Experience in software development and implementation.
- Experience in software support and maintenance.
- Experience with student management systems and/or business software.
- Experience programming in an object-oriented language.
- Demonstrates the ability to program in an object-oriented language.
- Demonstrates knowledge of client/server applications.
- Demonstrates knowledge of relational databases.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the software development cycle.
- Demonstrates a proficient understanding and utilization of Microsoft Office Suite and other software packages for use in the MIS Department.
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively with external and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated by patience, understanding, and congeniality.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and time management skills, providing for productivity, accuracy, and attention to detail in the carrying out of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
- Completes tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and maintain departmental deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to make professional decisions.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Possesses the skills to provide the highest level of customer service, with patience and knowledge of the department’s services.
- Ability to attend work regularly at assigned work hours subject to lawful leave rights and responsibilities.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, lift, reach, communicate (vision, hearing, and speech), and carry or convey sufficient weight to safely and effectively carry out functions, duties, and responsibilities.
- Ability to independently ambulate in and around work areas.
- Ability to travel to and from assigned work locations without employer support.
- Ability to travel on and/or drive a CLIU #21 vehicle.
- Ability to exhibit appropriate manual dexterity to effectively carry out functions, duties, and responsibilities.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time (3 hours).
Authority: The Senior Developer will have the authority to perform all functions listed below in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Functions/Duties/Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty/responsibility at acceptable standards. In accordance with both state and/or federal law, reasonable accommodations will be considered upon employee request.
- Writes programs to match specifications.
- Installs software.
- Communicates with customers to develop software specifications.
- Performs system maintenance of newly developed systems.
- Accurately tests and debugs software.
- Accurately maintains and updates version control database.
- Develops programming specifications.
- Develops lesson plans and instructs users.
- Writes programmer documentation.
- Writes user documentation.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with the members of the MIS staff and the District Community.
- Prepares training materials and trains users on all applications.
- Manages and maintains the fourth-generation language report writing utilities.
- Models complete confidentiality of school records, student records, and employer records.
- Assists in the designing of conversion procedures.
- Researches new products and accurately reports findings.
- This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other duties as assigned.