Student Services Assistant (Part Time)
Assist students to develop the necessary skills which will qualify students for entry-level employment and /or post-secondary education opportunities.
Qualifications:* Paraprofessional educator endorsed or eligible to obtain Paraprofessional educator endorsement
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Knowledge of Special Education preferred
* Knowledge of Career and Technical Education programming preferred
* Bilingual; helpful but not required
To work collaboratively and cooperatively with their department, TCD administration, and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure the efficient and effective operation of their respective department.
Key Functions Include:
1. Tutor and assist students individually or in small groups in order to help those master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by program instructors.
2. Provide assistance to all students requiring academic support.
3. Supervise students utilizing alternate test site.
4. Read tests to students, individually or small group.
5. Assist students with assignments in classroom, one to one or small group.
6. Implement instructional/study strategies provided by Student Services Counselor.
7. Provide feedback on students to Student Services Counselor.
8. Attend weekly meeting with Student Services Counselor.
Please apply online. To be considered complete, all applicants must include a letter of intent (cover letter), resume, transcripts and IEIN number (if applicable). If candidate is not licensed, he/she must submit copies of letters from employers verifying employment experience directly related to this field.
To learn more about TCD please visit us at http://www.tcdupage.org