Bus Driver Subsitutes/Bus Monitors
Title: Bus Driver
Reports To: Transportation Director
Location: Bus Shop
Contract Days: 180
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Scale: Support Staff 2 (S10)
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: Experience in operation of heavy duty equipment with a good driving record.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Ability to remain patient at all times; ability to discipline children; knowledge of mechanical operation or vehicles; ability to report any problems of vehicle performance; knowledge of all safety regulations.
Primary Function: To operate buses on prescribed routes to transport children to and from school.
- Assumes responsibility for the operation and care of the vehicle.
- Assumes responsibility for safety when transporting children.
- Maintains control of student behavior on the bus and cooperates with the Principals in the solution of discipline problems.
- Reports promptly any accident to proper authorities.
- Cooperates with other drivers who might have bus malfunctions.
- Maintains good rapport with public.
- Prepares and submits required reports as directed.
- Participates in in-service opportunities.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Transportation Director.
- Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the HCSS Board of Control’s policy on Personnel Evaluations.