Physical Education/Health Teacher
A teacher should have experience and interest in teaching a variety of Physical Education courses that contain Health lessons to secondary students at a college preparatory charter high school. The teacher will be expected to be exceptionally knowledgeable about a variety of physical activities and sports, health instruction, and organization, marketing and facilitation of sports games and practices. Successful applicants will be Health certified and be able and willing to contribute to the school athletic program as a coach.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Any teacher must possess the ability to perform these essential job functions and typical duties:
- Support the mission, vision, values, and goals of the school.
- Create, plan, and teach a rigorous curriculum while meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate student outcomes through informal and formative assessments.
- Effectively and consistently communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff, and community.
- Develops, selects, and differentiates instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and the emotional development of children.
- Experience working with students academically or behaviorally "at-risk" and/or students with special needs is preferred.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Ability to work collaboratively with administration and teaching staff.
- Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices.
- Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Familiar with educational technology (Smartboards, Moodle, etc.).
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Serves on staff committees, IEP teams, Intervention Assistance Teams, grade level teams, and curriculum teams as required.
- Creates, offers, and teaches a one hour after-school elective once per week (electives are based on teacher/student interest).
- Available to students one hour, twice per week for after-school tutoring.
- Assists with student hallway, lunch room, and/or parking lot monitoring before, during, and/or after school as assigned by administration.
- B.A. in Health and Physical Education, M.A. preferred
- Michigan Certification in grades 9-12 (Secondary)
- Health (MA) and Physical Education (MB) or Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (MX) Endorsement
Apply online at www.prepnetschools.com
Positions will remain open until filled