Position Title: Fiscal Analyst
Assignment: Operational Services
Department: Business Office
Labor Relationship: CLIU Professional
Date Originated: 4/2019
Position Definition: The Fiscal Analyst shall be responsible for general ledger financial reporting (creation and maintenance), accounting support and analysis, internal and external auditing, and assist in grant monitoring.
Relationship: The Fiscal Analyst will be directly responsible to the Director of Business Services.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business Administration required.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in an accounting-related field.
- Experience with month, quarter, & year-end reporting
- Experience with accounting software.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fund accounting.
- Demonstrates proficiency with financial and numeric data.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products and accounting software packages.
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively with external and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated by patience, understanding, and congeniality.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills in carrying out all duties, tasks, and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and maintain departmental deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to make professional decisions.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Demonstrates skills to provide the highest level of customer service, with patience and knowledge of the department’s services.
- Ability to attend work regularly at assigned work hours subject to lawful leave rights and responsibilities.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, lift, reach, communicate (vision, hearing, and speech), and carry or convey sufficient weight to safely and effectively carry out functions, duties, and responsibilities.
- Ability to independently ambulate in and around work locations.
- Ability to travel to and from assigned work locations without employer support.
- Ability to travel in and drive a CLIU #21 vehicle.
- Ability to exhibit appropriate manual dexterity to effectively carry out functions, duties, and responsibilities.
Authority: The Fiscal Analyst will have the authority to perform all functions listed below, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Functions/Duties/Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty/responsibility at acceptable standards. In accordance with both state and/or federal law, reasonable accommodations will be considered upon employee request.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of business, fiscal, and accounting practices in the development and application of Business Office protocols, procedures and internal controls.
- Assist in preparation of Annual Financial Report as required by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE).
- Prepares or coordinates reports required by PDE and other state, federal, or local agencies.
- Maintains the Chart of Accounts in compliance with PDE and accounting standards.
- Monitors grant expenditures and prepares financial reports as needed for internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors budgetary variances of revenues and expenditures.
- Monitors cash flow and cash reconciliations.
- Prepares reconciliations and schedules for internal and external audits.
- Researches and communicates new accounting issues or changes that impact district operations.
- Develops ad-hoc financial reports as needed.
- Maintains detailed and accurate filing per departmental guidelines.
- Assists with special projects and reports, as requested by the Director of Business Services.
- This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other duties as assigned.