Position Title: Technology Specialist
Assignment: Data Integrity
Labor Relationship: CLIU Professional
Date Originated: 02/02/1998
Date Revised: 04/23/2001; 10/2011; 04/2012; 01/2013; 02/2017
Position Definition: The Technology Specialist is responsible for student data management and coordination of the data system.
Relationship: The Technology Specialist shall be directly responsible to the Director of Operations and MIS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, preferred.
- A.A.S in a Computer Science field, required.
- Minimum one (1) to two (2) years’ experience in business or data system related to the managing and coordinating of data.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates an analytical ability to manage data.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain data integrity.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrates a proficient understanding and utilization of Microsoft Office Suite and other software packages for use in the MIS Department.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and time management skills, providing for productivity, accuracy, and attention to detail in the carrying out of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated by patience, understanding, and congeniality.
- Completes tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Maintains complete confidentiality.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and maintain departmental deadlines.
- Demonstrates the skills to provide the highest level of customer service, with patience and knowledge of the MIS Department to CLIU #21 staff and constituent school districts.
- Demonstrates the ability to make professional decisions.
- Ability to attend work regularly at assigned work hours subject to lawful leave rights and responsibilities.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, lift, reach, communicate (vision, hearing, and speech), and carry or convey sufficient weight to safely and effectively carry out functions, duties, and responsibilities.
- Ability to independently ambulate in and around work locations.
- Ability to travel to and from assigned work locations without employer support.
- Ability to travel in and drive a CLIU #21 vehicle.
- Ability to exhibit good manual dexterity to effectively carry out functions, duties, and responsibilities.
Authority: The Technology Specialist will have the authority to perform all functions listed below in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Functions/Duties/Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty/responsibility at acceptable standards. In accordance with both state and/or federal law, reasonable accommodations will be considered upon employee request.
- Proficiently utilizes hardware equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes data for accurate reporting purposes.
- Effectively collects, reviews, and enters accurate data to all state reports.
- Understands and utilizes PIMS and PennData manuals to carry out duties and responsibilities.
- Collaborates with school districts and CLIU #21 departments for student accounting information for PIMS and PennData reports.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of the requirements, fields, and how the fields cross-reference within the PennData and PIMS systems.
- Designs, updates, and follows a PIMS working calendar, which includes, but is not limited to, the dates for disseminating district information, receiving district information, and ACS reporting dates.
- Complies with reporting deadlines and requirements, as outlined by PIMS system.
- Maintains an accurate understanding of PowerSchool and the relationship to CLIU #21 programs.
- Stays current with emerging technologies.
- Acts as a liaison to CLIU #21 staff for CATS and PowerSchool.
- Collaborates with CLIU #21 Special Education Supervisor for accurate student data.
- Effectively utilizes knowledge of CLIU #21 classroom exceptionalities and students for student data management.
- Reviews and monitors CLIU #21 data system for proper completion and accuracy.
- This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other duties as assigned.