Software Support Specialist
Position Title: Software Support Specialist
Assignment: Data Processing/IT
Labor Relationship: CLIU Professional
Date Originated: 03/22/2001
Date Revised: 01/25/2002; 12/2016
Position Definition: To participate as a member of the MIS team as the primary source of providing the training and software support necessary to utilize software applications for CLIU #21/MIS Group Clients.
Relationship: The Software Support Specialist shall be directly responsible to the Applications Manager.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Instructional Technology, or equivalent related field.
- Minimum two (2) years of software support experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with systems applications.
- Demonstrates the ability to train educators in the use of computer software and its application within the CLIU #21/MIS Group.
- Analytical ability to solve technology-related problems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of PC operations and desktop applications.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of current Windows Operating System and World Wide Web information retrieval.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome.
- Demonstrates a proficient understanding and utilization of Microsoft Office Suite and other software packages for use in the MIS Department.
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively with external and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated by patience, understanding, and congeniality.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and time management skills, providing for productivity, accuracy, and attention to detail in the carrying out of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
- Completes tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and maintain departmental deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to make professional decisions.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Possesses the skills to provide the highest level of customer service, with patience and knowledge of the department’s services.
- Ability to attend work regularly at assigned work hours subject to lawful leave rights and responsibilities.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, lift, reach, communicate (vision, hearing, and speech), and carry or convey sufficient weight to safely and effectively carry out functions, duties, and responsibilities.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time (3 hours).
- Ability to independently ambulate in and around work areas.
- Ability to travel to and from assigned work locations without employer support.
- Ability to travel on and/or drive a CLIU #21 vehicle.
- Ability to exhibit appropriate manual dexterity to effectively carry out functions, duties, and responsibilities.
Authority: The Software Support Specialist will have the authority to perform all functions listed below in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Functions/Duties/Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty/responsibility at acceptable standards. In accordance with both state and/or federal law, reasonable accommodations will be considered upon employee request.
- Schedules educational sessions – dates, locations, participants, etc.
- Provides training for CLIU #21 staff and district personnel on the use of MIS provided software solutions to include, but not limited to, student management and financial application.
- Prepares the necessary support materials, as appropriate, for above indicated spheres of training.
- Analyzes customer requests and accurately reports to MIS Director and Applications Manager.
- Communicates with customers via telephone.
- Maintains Accurate Records of Activities.
- Accurately tests software and reports to MIS Director and Applications Manager.
- Special responsibilities may be assigned.
- Serves as a resource for the MIS staff for issues involving program modification.
- Maintains complete confidentiality of school records, student records, employee records, and student applications.
- Assists in preparing training materials for MIS staff and the district community.
- Develops training materials to facilitate the user’s learning process.
- Manages user Definition and Access Procedure to the Applications.
- Presents information about CLIU #21 programs at meetings and conferences, using appropriate technology to support the presentation.
- Researches new products and accurately reports findings.
- This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other duties as assigned.