Softball Head Coach - Milford High School Spring 2020
Posted a year ago
Positions: Spring Head Coach
Location: Milford High School & Milford Central Academy
Reports To: Athletic Director & Principal
Starting Date: August 15, 2019
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in the sport.
- Possess sound moral character.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship of the program to the athlete, total athletic program and the total school program.
- Plans and implements organized daily practice plans, which include time for group and individual instruction.
- Works cooperatively with coaching assistants, athletic director, trainer, and building administration.
- Adapts and modifies coaching techniques, strategies, and game plans.
- Promotes and maintains positive public relations with parents and the community.
- Provides atmosphere conducive to good sportsmanship and player conduct.
- Prepares for each game in strategy and player motivation.
- Complies with all HAC, DIAA, and school district policies
- Complies with all school district and state financial and fundraising policies and procedures
- Submits all required information (i.e.: rosters, reports, inventory, etc.) in a timely manner
- Communicates pre, post, and in season information to players, parents, and school officials.
- Maintains and inventories all equipment and uniforms.
- Monitors and evaluates academic performance of all athletes.
- Assists in the planning and scheduling of a regular program of practice (in season).
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Assists in overseeing the safety of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted.
- Performs other duties as assigned that relate to this position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 1 year.
Salary and Benefits: Salary per the Milford School Board policy and collective bargaining agreement.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated annually.
Internal applicants must complete a shortened online application by clicking on "Employment" at the top of the website: www.milfordschooldistrict.org. Internal applicants are encouraged to upload current letters of recommendation and resume.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information contact: Jason Peel, Director of Human Resources and School Climate, 906 Lakeview Avenue, Milford, DE 19963 Tel: 302-424-6393 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment with the Milford School District is contingent upon successful:
- Criminal Background Check
- Child Protection Registry Check
- Physician's Health Certification
- TB Test (within last five years)
- Verification of Credentials and Past Employment
- Adherence to School District Policies
- Milford Board of Education Approval
Milford School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or upon any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.
If any person has a complaint alleging any action which is prohibited by this policy, they should contact the Title IX Coordinator or the District 504 and ADA Coordinator, 906 Lakeview Avenue, Milford, Delaware 19963. Telephone (302) 422-1600.